Scars. We all have them, I have scars from falling over when I was younger, operations, and gaining/losing weight. Some can be pretty unsightly but Bio-Oil is one of those hero products that has been around for years and is used by many celeb beauties, designed to help reduce the appearance of your scars.
As you know, I love multi-use products and Bio-Oil helps with a wide range of skin complaints and problems, including;
· Dehydrated Skin – Helps to replenish the skin’s natural oils, which are often stripped away by extreme weather and central heating
· Weight Related Stretch Marks – Helps prevent the formation of stretch marks during periods of rapid weight gain or loss
· Uneven Skin Tone – Helps improve the appearance of uneven skin tone which can be caused by hormonal fluctuations or excessive skin exposure
· Ageing Skin – Helps smooth and tone ageing, sagging and wrinkled skin on both the face and body
· Daily Moisturiser – Helps moisturise the skin and can be built into a daily skin routine, all over the body and/or face, either on its own or underneath your regular moisturiser
· Scars – Improves the appearance of new and old scars, from surgery, accidents, burns, insect bites, scratches and chickenpox
Most of you will have seen Bio-Oil in your local shops and supermarkets, but I think it is one of those products that you see so much that sometimes you forget about how amazing it is for you. Bio-Oil’s unique formulation combines skincare ingredients such as Vitamin A and E, Calendula, Lavender, Rosemary and Chamomile, plus a unique ingredient called PurCellin Oil, which is unique to Bio-Oil. PurCellin Oil ensures that the ingredients are easily absorbed deep into the second layer of the skin where they can provide targeted treatment.
The oil itself is more of a dry oil than a greasy, sticky oil and so is perfect for use all over the body, as well as being suitable for all skin types. The lavender and chamomile extracts are fabulous for soothing and calming skin, which I found great for me personally as I tend to suffer from reddening and sensitivity, especially on my cheeks.
Have you used Bio-Oil before? It costs £8.95 for 60ml, £14.95 for 125ml and £19.95 for 200ml and is available from stores including Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, Waitrose and many more. You can find out more about the brand at http://www.facebook.com/biooiluk