I love having my nails painted, but the majority of the time the polish chips off after a couple of days, which was when gel polishes came in really handy as they are a heat-cured manicure that lasts around two weeks without chipping. The only downside to gel manicures is that they can be pretty expensive to have done in a salon, sometimes up to £50 a treatment in more exclusive salons. So now what’s the answer? Sensationail. This is a gel manicure kit than you yourself can do in your very own home.
The kit comes with everything you need, a nail file, lint-free wipes, a cuticle stick, Gel Cleanser, Gel Primer, Gel Base & Top Coat, Color (American spelling) Gel Polish and the lamp that cures the polish. I did Beauty Science at college and so one would think I would be good when it comes to doing my own nails, but this isn’t the case – the left hand is often decent but then when it comes to doing my right hand, I get just as much polish on my skin as I do my nails. So, could I master this money-saving, time-saving machine?
Firstly, here is the process, which took me about 30-45 minutes max.
* File and lightly buff the natural nail
* Using the Lint-free wipe, clean the nails with the Gel Cleanser
* Apply one layer of the Gel Primer to the nail and let it air dry for a minute or two
* Apply a thin layer of the Gel Base & Top Coat. It is really important to use a thin layer as I used a little too much and it was a little sticky. Avoid skin and cuticle – this wasn’t easy when I came to my right hand but it didn’t matter too much
* Cap the natural nail by running the polish brush along the nail tip. Then cure for 30 seconds under the lamp
* Apply a thin layer of the Color Gel Polish, again avoiding the skin and cuticle. Cap the natural nail and cure for 60 seconds under the lamp. Apply a second layer of the Color Gel Polish and cure again for 60 seconds
* Apply a thin layer of the Gel Base & Top Coat, again avoiding the cuticle and skin. Cap the natural nail and cure for 30 seconds
* Remove the moisture layer using the Gel Cleanser and Lint-free wipes
As you can see, the step-by-step instructions are so easy to follow and really takes no time at all. I was really impressed with the final result and my nails are still glossy and chip-free 5 days later. Now they look by no means perfect as I have to work on avoiding my cuticles, but for my first attempt I am really pleased and actually quite proud of myself, and of course Sensationail. If I can do it, you definitely can!
Have you tried gel manicures before? What did you think?
Check out the full range of gorgeous colours at www.sensationail.co.uk