So yesterday, I went into Primark to pick up a few cheap bits and bobs for my holiday in two weeks time…
I LOVE Primark, but it is hot, it is stressful, people get in your way and I always, without fail, manage to trip over a pram. I once even turned around and sent a child flying with my handbag. It wasn’t my finest hour, but his mother found it funny… (If it was my child, I wouldn’t have found that funny. But I also wouldn’t let it run through Primark unattended. That place is dangerous!)
I once read a list of 22 stages every girl goes through on a trip to Primark which I found hilarious. I go through almost all of these stages every time I visit!
Here’s the link! Have a read once you’ve read this post and let me know your funny Primark experiences too!
I previously said a few ‘cheap’ bits and bobs… My goodness did this lot add up but I hope you enjoy the post!
I love this trend at the minute! Kimonos are so easy to throw on over dresses, bikinis or camis and jeans and I love the way they look!
However, I only own one! Therefore, I decided this needed changing and picked up these to wear both in England and I’m Greece on an evening or as a throw over to go from the beach to the bar!
1) This kimono has orange, brown, yellow, black, grey and cream stripes and Aztec print with black tassels along the hem and sleeves. I was slightly unsure at first whether I could pull this off but thought I’d regret it if I didn’t snap it up. It was the most expensive thing I bought too at £13 but you’d pay a lot more in Topshop or River Island!
2 & 3) These two are pretty similar with really lovely floral prints. They’re slightly dressier than the first, and you could definitely dress these up with a LBD and heels or down with jeans and sandals. I couldn’t decided between the black and white so just bought them both! They were £10 each.
My main reason for the Primark trip was to grab a few cheap dresses to wear on the nights on holiday. I always make the mistake of spending a fortune on holiday clothes, then wear them once on holiday, don’t look at them for the rest of the year as they’re not weather appropriate, dig them out for my next holiday the following year and decide I hate them all! Therefore, Primark is my saviour!
1) Black: This black dress with Aztec embellishment caught my eye as I thought it would be perfect both for holiday and for the hot weather we’re having at home at the minute! It was from the beach section, yet is quite a thick cotton so can be worn wherever you please. It was a steal at £5!
2) Pineapple: This was another item I thought I would probably not pull off but bought anyway. It’s pink with a pineapple pattern. I really love the higher neckline on this but it is VERY long! It goes just past my knee so I wrapped a belt around my waist when trying it on and pulled it over to create a layered effect, which I thought looked quite nice. One let down… I got it home to find the button on the back missing! However I’ll probably just sew another on to save rooting around Primark for a replacement. This was £8.
3) Aztec: I love Aztec print and think it’s perfect for holiday. This dress has buttons right down the front and is in bright colours and I really like it! Another bargain at £7!
4) Floral: I also love floral print so snapped this up. It’s just a very simple jersey skater dress but at £5 I couldn’t resist!
I really love looking at Primark jewellery and ALWAYS manage to find a few bits that I like. I always lose necklaces somehow, so I don’t like spending too much on them. I also find I don’t wear them enough to spend £20 or £30 a pop. These two caught my eye as they’re so pretty and I’ll definitely team them with a few outfits! My only issue is that they’re quite heavy… These maybe a hand luggage job!
I was really let down in the shoe department yesterday, as Hull’s store seemed to have been absolutely wiped out of sandals! There was one stand with about 4 pairs of sandals all in size 3, which wasn’t ideal.
I did however pick these tan shoes up. I did already have these but have worn them to death. I actually almost fell down the stairs in them the other day at work, as the sole had come off and I didn’t realise when I put them on that morning! Myself and my almost broken limbs were happy to find a replacement!
I love that you can buy almost anything in Primark so had a wonder around the toiletries section as they’ve started stocking really good brands such as Cocoa Brown tan for much less than the price they are in Boots or Superdrug!
I got some Gilette Satin Care shaving foam for £1 and some Palmer’s Cocoa Butter for £2.90 to take away with me.
I also got a sponge, because everyone needs to keep clean! That was only £1 as were the TWO packets of make up wipes. I go through wipes like there’s no tomorrow on holiday so thought I was as well get two packs for a lot less than what you’d normally pay for one pack. I have tried Primark face wipes when I was at Univeristy and scraping up coppers to buy a tin of beans, and I think they’re really good for the price!
I also bought a cute floral make up bag, as I don’t want to lug my entire collection to another country with me! This one was only £4.
Overall I’m pretty pleased with my purchases! I also got a few basics such as plain black and white vests, but didn’t want to bore you with all that malarky!
Have you bought a bargain in Primark recently that you’re in love with? Also, have you ever done any of the Primark stages in the link above? Let me know!
One extremely excitable Emily, who only has 9 days left at work before she jets off!! xxx